routing

Mike plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 May 2002 17:08:32 -0500

Rod:
Look at rip again. Here's an article that should help:

http://www.linux-mag.com/2001-05/routing_04.html

v/r
mike

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:36:51PM -0700, Roderick Ford wrote:
 Hopefully someone has a solution for this problem. Maybe this is
 possible, but I haven't been able to trial-and-error it.

 ISP0--SUBNET64.2----WAN------SUBNET26.220---ISP1
   \                                          /
    \                                        /
    MODEM0                               MODEM1
      |                                    |
       \                   (192.168.0)GW1---
        \                        /\

 I have NS setup on network 192.168.0.0 -- then I got an opportunity to
 have a second cable isp, so I figured I'd let routed on NS figure out
 which is the better 0.0.0.0, i.e. better routes on the two connections.

 1. maybe two defaults can't be setup??
 2. maybe the configuration can be changed
 3. maybe gated would be better suited for this than routed??

 Any suggestions??

 Rod