fixed -> sql statement (order by)]

Mike plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 May 2002 12:06:10 -0500

I solved it myself.....forgot that the column
(I'm tweaking someone elses db) is not INT.

Therefore, I just put a "0+" in front of the
field I want to ORDER by.

v/r
Mike

----- Forwarded message from Mike <meg@lilly.csoft.net> -----

Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:50:09 -0500
From: Mike <meg@lilly.csoft.net>
To: plug <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: sql statement (order by)

A bit off topic, but I thought someone could
throw it out quick:

I have a select statement that grabs a bunch of
info from one table. One column has numbers
in it representing Potential Revenue. I am trying
to order my query by this column but I do not get the results
i want. The order by just orders it by the first number.

For instance

10
1000
20
2

I want 1000 to be first and then descend from there.

I have done this before but it is quite a bit like
forgeting how to spell "the"!

v/r
Mike

----- End forwarded message -----