PPTP, E-smith, Linksys Router

John Albee plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 May 2002 21:55:44 -0700

I have a E-smith server setup on a private network (192.168.1.*) that
connects to the Internet using NAT on a Linksys Router (with the latest
updates).  I have the E-smith server setup to allow PPTP connections and it
works just fine from any host on the LAN side of the Linksys router, yet no
matter how many different ways I configure the Router, I cannot seem to make
a full connection to the server (it hangs on verifying user name and
password....).  I have searched the Internet for information on this yet I
find differing responses.  Is this even possible with this router?  With
Linksys, does PPTP passthru mean that it is only one way?

-John