IP Tables

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 May 2002 18:01:35 -0400

hmmmm no gtk on the actual box but could I run it from *my* box to configure the firewall?

Either way sounds like its worth checking into. Thanks,

Carl P.
From: "der.hans" <PLUGd@LuftHans.com>
Date: 2002/05/29 Wed PM 06:02:25 EDT
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: IP Tables

Am 29. May, 2002 schwätzte Carl Parrish so:

Eric showed me FireStarter ( that he uses with Mandrake and I now use with
debian ). It's good enough for normal firewalling ( I had to do a lot of
fiddling to get it to work with multiple internal and external networks, but
I didn't have to change the core funcionality ).

It does depend on GTK+, so I installed it on a scratch box and then just
copied the rules ( in /etc/firestarter ) and the start/stop script over to
my firewall.

The GUI also allows you to monitor activity and ban IPs.

Once you have the basic rules, you can muddle through what they're doing
fairly easily.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
# "The purpose of IT is to seamlessly and transparently provide the other