PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #2281 - 12 msgs

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 May 2002 23:48:08 -0700

> I'm a Linux newbie, having installed Desktop LX (dual boot) a few
> weeks ago. LX, based on the Caldera 3.1 distro is a brainless
> install-had no probs detecting my hardware and was up and running in
> 30 minutes or less. Was in fact easier to install than M$-HD
> partitioning being integrated into the install process. The former
> just to give you an indication of the state (or lack thereof) of my
> Linux skills. Needless to say, the Intro classes you've been
> discussing are of interest to me

I was going to install Desktop LX from Lycoris for grins the other day.
Looking for a distribution that was close to windows for newbies, but
had the guts of Debian.  However you state its based on Caldera 3.1.  I
was under the impression it was the old Redmond Linux based on Corel
(which was based on Debian) and why I was considering an install to see
if it was recommendable to others.

Can someone clarify this?

-Derek