Windows and Linux

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 May 2002 20:11:38 -0700

Matt wrote:

> I know that Windows and Linux are supposed to operate pretty well
> together, but the only articles I've read are about installing Linux
> once Windows is already there. I'm running a pure SuSE 8.0 box and I was
> wondering if it's possible to install Windows on it while still being
> able to use my current install?

what I've done in the past is do a Linux install, build a bootable
floppy, install windows (which writes over the master boot record),
reboot under Linux and rerun Lilo/Grub which rewrites a multi-boot
master boot record...

I think that was all that was required.  Of course, when installing M$
first you do not have to go the extra step of making the bootable floppy
since Linux gives you the option where to install and boot ;-)

  EBo --