Using Unauthorized Software Copies a Felony in Arizona

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 May 2002 01:23:45 -0700

George Toft wrote:

> This is quite clear.

to you maybe...

> You should read the CBDTPA.

and what is that?  Several days ago I read the documents pointing to
this legislation.  I would need to get a lawyer in order to make sure I
am in compliance...  So, an unregistered copy of my browser displays a
M$ icon because I have to go to a URL to check something.  M$ is
registered, I am not sure if my copy of Netscape is registered... and on
it goes.  God forbid that I happened to be an admin for a company whose
owner would walk in an pop whatever suited their fancy on their
machines.  Am I responsible when someone else puts stuff on a machine I
admin?  What if one of those machines belong to me?  ummm... enough of
this...

I do not worry overly much since I have such shallow pockets.

  EBo --