Installfest questions....

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 25 May 2002 09:52:42 -0400

Hi Dorian,

Welcome back!!!  My first foray into Linux was with Slack, 1.2.8 kernel.

Please do not be offended, but I think you have your priorities backwards.
Get the firewall up and running first, then build a play machine.  A friend
of mine went down your proposed path.  He can't seem to find time to lock
down his box, meanwhile, he has a ton of services running.  Fortunately, he
has TCP wrappers installed and configured, so he's not as bad off as he could
be.

Regards,

George
"Adopt a paranoid attitude because they ARE out to get you" -- Chris Wong