Using Unauthorized Software Copies a Felony in Arizona

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 25 May 2002 00:41:27 -0700

Wrong, the management did not know the server was being used for that
purpose.  Earlier this year the BSA was running TV ads looking for unhappy
and former employees willing to turn in companies for software piracy.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor Odhner" <vodhner@cox.net>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: Using Unauthorized Software Copies a Felony in Arizona

Oops, I missed a minor point.  IIS was pretty
flagrant in providing their music server to
their employees -- I gather it was not
"unknowing".  Incidentally, I witnessed a
music collection being shared out to employees'
work computers at a shop I visited this year,
and I mentioned the IIS settlement to them.

Vic

---