InstallFest Press Release

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 23 May 2002 07:36:49 -0700

If worded properly I would send to the Republic as well, often times
they will run snippets in business computing section on Mondays.

-derek

Comments on release within....

> Because it freely downloadable from the Internet or available as an
> inexpensive distribution at most local computer stores Linux is an
> increasingly popular alternative to commercial operating systems such

Linux(sic) is a commercial operating system as much as Windows is, so
this statement doesnt make sense to me.  GNU/Linux is a popular
alternative to PROPRIETARY operating systems....

Its a minor word change but a significant one if we wish to educate
those that will using the system.  It is this kind of miswording that
scares business users away from GNU\Linux because they think its not for
'commerical' use.

-Derek