Setup Mandrake-Linux on a notebook

Ben Chacko plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 19 May 2002 23:40:21 -0700

Hi,

My name's Ben and I live in Gilbert, AZ. I'm new to Linux and have installed
Mandrake 8.2 in a dual boot setup with WinXP Pro onto a Compaq Evo n400c
notebook. The install seems to have gone well, I've got networking, web
access and email running well. I'm able to boot into KDE and get sounds, so
the X Window environment and audio are working well. I'd like to get more
things running under Linux now and also learn more about Linux. I'm looking
to get a printer working over the network and share files between PCs over
the network, I'd also like to share files that are on the Windows partition
of the notebook. I'd appreciate your assistance in getting these things
running and any other tid-bits of info that you could pass along. Thanks in
advance.

Ben Chacko