Perl/CGI question

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 17 May 2002 22:12:38 -0700

Jim wrote:
> I have a form that uses POST to pass two name/value pairs to
> a perl script.  What is the best way to get those name/value
> pairs into a perl array?

This prompted me to post my experimental CGI that demonstrates
several features of the CGI.pm library.  Find the code at:

  http://plug.unitywave.com/cgi_test

... and you can play with it in operation at:
  http://plug.unitywave.com/cgi-bin/cgi_test.pl

This CGI does not open any files or execute any system
commands, but it demonstrates scrubbing of file names
to avoid getting hacked; and scrubbing of its own output
to avoid giving up the system's secrets.

While ordinary CGIs may be eclipsed in the future by
things like PHP, JSP, etc., there is a tremendous body
of Perl CGIs out there cranking away so they are a good
thing to understand.

Vic