Upgrading to SuSE 8.0

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 17 May 2002 07:08:20 -0700

On Thursday 16 May 2002 08:18 pm, you wrote:
> To Dennis:
>
> Where are the packages located on the CD? Once I find the packages, is
> there some special process I have to do when formatting the disk and
> putting the files on it?

The first folder DISKS has the floppy images. You will create the floppies
with rawrite found in the DOSUTILS folder.  Check the README on the CD for
details.

Assuming you have Windows loaded you can copy the files to a folder on your
hard drive so they are all together which will make things a little easier -
no switching directories.

Did you say your machine was NOT bootable directly from the CD-ROM? If it IS
bootable from the CD-ROM (you can set this in the BIOS) you can avoid all
this floppy business.

Did you see Bill's posting about the upcoming InstallFest. If you can wait
you might find it easier to attend.

Dennis Kibbe