Connecting Linux desktop users to a Windows file server?

Steve plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 16 May 2002 22:13:38 -0700

with just a slightly insane chuckle,

I have the exact same problem with my mount command ( and with other
things such as this).  I have not been able to get it to work either.  I
thought at first it was the owner:group (root:root) or a permission
problem for my mountpoint, but that was not the case.  I am stumped for
now..time to reread the apropriate man pages again <mount (8) smbmount
(8) Others?>

Steve