lost password

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:29:51 -0700

Charlie,

   Methinks that when you reboot your machine at the "boot:" prompt you
have 10 seconds to start typing
AFTER the boot: prompt "Linux single", tyhat puts you in single user
mode and allows you to change the root password.

  I am not sure if you have to put any quotation marks or anything else
with it.

  It should look like this:

  boot: linux single

 hit enter and you are on your way.