How to upgrade Cisco 675 with linux?

Craig White plug-discuss@pluglist.mybutt.net
11 May 2002 17:49:11 -0700

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 17:23, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Patrick Fleming EA wrote:
>
>  > I upgraded mine(678) using minicom. Once the settings were correct
>  > in  minicom as, set by using root, I did #minicom cisco (where
>  > cisco is the name of the configuration file) Hit enter at the
>  > minicom screen and you should get the  cbos> prompt. Follow the
>  > instructions on power cycling the modem then  upload and
>  > configuration from here:
> http://www.infomagic.net/pipermail/luna/2002-March/001335.html
>  >

>  >
>  > I did find that if you hold down ctrl+C before powering back up you
>  > are  more likely to get the correct prompt the first time.
>  >
> I tried this on the Mac but since I don't have the correct serial to USB
> adapter it wouldn't work-I could connect and get the prompt and such but
> after that it wouldn't work. I tried using the same file via minicom and
> I get a Communications error but I bet that the file is not recognized
> as it is probably in Macbinary format or something. The download for
> windows is an exe so that is not going to help. Cisco doesn't allow
> secondary customers to download the images so I'm stuck I think for the
> time being. One thing good is when the process fails, the system reboots
> to the old version.

----
I am quite certain that I have the binary file (Cisco CBOS 2.4.3.bin) on
my laptop (Windows) but I do believe that the bin file is not linked to
any platform and it could be used with Mac/Linux/Windows and a terminal
program. Let me know if you want me to hook up my laptop and make it
available for d/L.

I also have downloaded the 7.3 binary cd's (3) and finally got my cd
writer re-connected again after major home redecorating project.

Craig