Software Freedom Day

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 10 May 2002 14:39:05 -0700

"der.hans" wrote:
> ... he mentions promoting a Software Freedom Day on July 4th.
>
> Do we want to participate?

I'm not sure of my availability on that date, but
this certainly makes me want to be involved in
school-related support projects if they occur.

One thing that will come out of this situation is
a great challenge for practical applications in
schools.  It should shake out some bugs and also
produce some seasoned experts and documentation.

And the way educators network nationwide, this
will probably kick off a broad response.

Their chosen battleground is probably richer in
techies to help with migration than many other
places.  Maybe they thought that the local area
would be more tolerant of a company that was
producing so much local income.  Guess not, eh?

Vic