what is a virtual network

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 09 May 2002 20:16:56 -0400

Host-only network uses the virtual hub that is loaded into ram
by S09vmware.  It sets up another network interface called
vmnet1 (host-only) and vmnet8 (bridged).  I use host-only for
my stuff - it looks like I have another box on a completely
different network:

Internet --- FW --- Linux --- vmware

Matter of fact, this is how I did my taxes this year - on a vmwared
Win95 instance.  I use FTP to move files around, but you could use
samba on the Linux box, too.

George