Star

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 09 May 2002 08:30:38 -0700

Carl Parrish wrote:

> I *think* what I want to do is this.
>
> star -cv /some/dir
>
> then
>
> tar xvf someDir.tar
>
> Only I wrote my script for back ups *months* ago. and there I'm s/tar
> ing a /dev. So any suggestions would be more than welcome.

ok... you are doing something COMPLETELY different than I though
<grumble... grumble... damned acronyms...> ;-)

KAssuming that you are using GNU tar, you might download the source and
look at some of the scripts, examples, and tools therin...  As I recall
there were some example backup scripts for automation.

  EBo --