KDM

Jeff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 8 May 2002 09:17:29 -0700

After installing KDE 3 I have had a problem with being able to reboot from
KDM.

I go into the control center, set the session manager the way I want it, and
in the login manager, set the default action to do when loging out of a
session to "reboot"

I log out of the session (or even when I first boot up into linux) and click
the menu to be able to choose "reboot" "shutdown" etc, but the only option
I have is to restart the X server, or to log back into a window manager.
Plus, the background, and user icons that are normally shown in KDM are not
there. It's almost like it's a different login manager than KDM.

The only way I can reboot my computer is to hit CTRL + ALT + F1 and login to
a console and reboot it from there.

Does anyone know where I can go to see what's going on? If I type in ps -aux
from a console I can see that kdm -nodaemon is running, but it's not using
the settings I chose, nor is it allowing me to reboot from there.
Permission is given to be able to reboot from the console for everyone in
the session manager inside the KDE control center.

--
~Jeff