FIND Dr.NUŅEZ LETTER HERE!

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 May 2002 23:13:04 -0700

Microsoft's argument is refuted by Dr. Nunez in his letter, pointing out that
the proposed law does not discriminate WHO can provide the software
(non-discriminatory) but only HOW it must be provided (free as in freedom).

The "how" has nothing to do with discrimination.  MS would be welcome to
provide software if it is provided in a free "as in freedom" manner (open
source, modifiable by the customer, open data standards).  If that excludes
MS because their chosen business model does not fit, that is not
discrimination, it is a business process criteria.

I hope this law passes in Peru.  I wish it could pass here.

Alan