OpenOffice 1.0 creating menu/icons

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
06 May 2002 08:46:28 -0700

I don't know - it was very very easy.

1 - download tarball

2 - unzip tarball (tar zxvf OOo_1.0.0_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz) as root

3 - cd into newly created directory as root

3 - read README & setup as root

4 - '-net' option is now the default...single user setup is now optional
  - ./setup [/opt or /usr/local or any install directory] as root

5 - as user... /installdirectory/setup

6 - choose workstation setup (locate jre if necessary)

Craig