Recording mpg's

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 5 May 2002 18:07:48 -0700

my biggest problem, making .mpg files from avi (stupid proprietary microshaft
format!). I'd like to be able to do so, but getting everything to work is
getting rather pointless of late (changes come faster than the programs
available to deal with them).

anyone got any suggestions?

On Sunday 05 May 2002 01:15 am, you wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 09:20, Jeff wrote:
> > I don't know what it would take to make DivX using Linux. I haven't began
> > to look there. It does take a bit of reading and trial and error to get
> > it right.
>
> Actually, MPlayer includes mencoder which can make DiVX movies very
> fast. I can get a three pass (audio, video pass-1, video pass-2) DiVX 4
> movies done in about 4.5 hours without copying from the DVD. It builds
> the movies directly from the DVD in the player.
>
> You can make movies in any format mplayer can view. Works good on
> Windows Media Player too although it doesn't like Variable BitRate files
> too much...
>

> --codie

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6