stupid web question

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 05 May 2002 17:30:11 -0700

YOU need a DNS server to be the AUTHORITATIVE server for your IP address.  YOUR
DNS server will tell all the other DNS servers what IP address to translate your
domain name to and they will only trust the authoritative server when updating.
Even if you setup Bind on your Esmith box, it still has to be added to the
registrar as an authoritative server (IIRC).