Curses, foiled again.

foodog plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 05 May 2002 03:37:04 -0700

Heh, kinda like DEFINE LNK$LIBRARY_1 VAXCCURSE.  It doesn't seem to care
if I specify -lcurses or -lncurses.  Just kinda sits there looking hung
under X, but from a term window it's more promising :-)  Thanks much,
Nick (and thanks for taking a shot at it, Kevin).

I've got a religious question now.  Can you suggest a modern,
less-icky-than-curses, C friendly library?  Displaying in either X or
console would be cool but not required. I just need a "window" that I
can stuff text into, a subwindow, cursor around, and reverse video would
be handy (wsetattr seems to have fallen out of favor).

I'm trying to resurrect and enhance a homegrown tool from the dark ages.
Steve

P.S. I wanna see RMS meet the guy who did the /etc/termcap legalese :-)
:-) :-)

# COPYRIGHTS AND OTHER DELUSIONS
#
# The BSD ancestor of this file had a standard Regents of the University
of
# California copyright with dates from 1980 to 1993.
#
# Some information has been merged in from a terminfo file SCO
distributes.
# It has an obnoxious boilerplate copyright which I'm ignoring because
they
# took so much of the content from the ancestral BSD versions of this
file
# and didn't attribute it, thereby violating the BSD Regents' copyright.
#
# Not that anyone should care.  However many valid functions copyrights
may
# serve, putting one on a termcap/terminfo file with hundreds of
anonymous
# contributors makes about as much sense as copyrighting a wall-full of
# graffiti -- it's legally dubious, ethically bogus, and patently
ridiculous.
#
# This file deliberately has no copyright.  It belongs to no one and
everyone.
# If you claim you own it, you will merely succeed in looking like a
fool.
# Use it as you like.  Use it at your own risk.  Copy and redistribute
freely.
# There are no guarantees anywhere.  Svaha!
#