RMS (again)

William Lindley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 4 May 2002 06:25:27 -0700 (MST)

Morning thoughts after two cups of coffee:

---

The Linux kernel was the missing component that made the GNU software
truly useful on PC's.

Similarly, George Washington is considered the "Father of our Country" for
his leadership in the Revolutionary War and as our first President.  This
by no means belittles the hundreds of great minds and leaders, or the
thousands of patriots without whom the United States would not be
possible.

Isaac Newton said, "If I have seen far, it is because I stand on the
shoulders of giants."

Mr. Stallman and the whole GNU project are the giants
upon whose shoulders Linus stands.

Bickering about who gets credit detracts from our real work.

\\/