Appletalk and Linux

Eric Richardson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 03 May 2002 18:11:29 -0700

Hi,
FWIW I use netatalk on Debian 2.2 and have one of the ethertalk to
localtalk bridge(asante) to connect a postscript printer to the network.
I never got lp to use the pap utility that sends PS to the printer but
overall I'm really happy about it. The mac on the network and the
appletalk works fine. The version netatalk I use(apt-get netatalk and
need the appletalk kernel module) has to have an IP when the daemons
start up and since I have DHCP and pcmcia usually I have to restart the
daemons after startup as it takes a long time for network to be
established. Didn't want to mess with inet.d to do some other hack.

Anyway,
Eric