RMS (again)

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 3 May 2002 14:26:05 -0500 (CDT)

> Agreed. I've never had the opportunity to meet him, but I've heard he's
> about as friendly as 40 grit sandpaper. Yep, he's got a good cause, but
> the worst execution of said cause I've ever seen. Kinda like the Ford
> Pinto, good idea, poor execution.

Hmm.  Free Software (GNU/Linux) is currently the ONLY challenger to the
worlds LARGEST monolopy, but his execution was poor?

> If anyone does happen to go see him, my next-door neighbor is a barber,
> and quite a nice guy, I'm sure he'd donate a haircut and beard trim to the
> FSF.

Song long hair and a beard make you not likeable.  (Hans please dont come
to any more meetings you are offensive) ;) (yes kidding)

> In fact, I personally challenge RMS to come up with a business plan based
> on the creation of Open Source software that does NOT involve living in
> one's own office at MIT or 'selling tech support'.

You have the wrong idol here sir.  RMS flat out says in his gospel he
doesnt give a crap if you can make a dime or not.  He's says if you ahve
to work flipping burgers to do society good, so be it.

The one you SHOULD be demanding this from is ESR who is the one who tried
to get people to buy into the fact using Free Software (under the Open
Source label) will make you rich.  Ask him for his stock portfolio
sometime and see how his 'execution' worked.

-Derek