Rename PLUG! (was Re: RMS (again))

Kirt Karl plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 03 May 2002 11:38:25 -0700

Hi Everyone,

Wasn't my intention to start this fight. As Alan mentioned earlier, the name
thing has been gone over and over and over... I just wanted to know if
anyone 1. wanted him here 2. wanted to help bring him here. Doesn't look to
promising though. The line about the name was just to let everyone know up
front that any help couldn't / wouldn't be in the name of PLUG.

Cheers, Kirt

-----Original Message-----
From: alandd@mindspring.com [mailto:alandd@mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 11:24 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Rename PLUG! (was Re: RMS (again))

Oh, bother!

Let's not go round and round with this again.  Check the archives if you
want to read the arguments about what "this OS that we love and use" should
be called.  Then, if you have something new to say about it, by all means,
say it.

IMHO, RMS needs to get over himself.  The "market" has spoken and the name
is Linux.

Alan

On Fri, 3 May 2002 09:53:35 -0700 Gontran Zepeda <gontran@gontran.net>
wrote:

% Kirt Karl (k.karl@asu.edu) wrote:

> the turnout as he's spoken here recently. He doesn't want the event to be
in
> any way associated with a Linux users group (only if the official name of
> the group is GNU/Linux).

PLUG relabled to 'PGLUG'.  We could be doing the right thing [tm].

fwiw,
Gontran