Linux for small business

wsa plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 02 May 2002 13:54:48 -0700

With due respect to a fellow Jeffersonian,

Jefferson had no influence in "framing" The Constitution.
He lived in Europe and served as U.S. Minister to France
from July 1784 through November 1789.

The Counterrevolution to nullify the Articles of Confederation
and to create a Hobbesian State based on The Constitution
was led by a few aristocrats.  The official dogma is simply
explained "Those who own the country should rule it"
in the Federalist Papers by James Madison, "the father
of the Constitution", Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay.

Jefferson was the figurative leader of the opposition
(the Democratic-Republican Party) to the
anti-democratic, autocratic Federalists and their goals.

ni