graphical login at boot time

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:13:22 -0400

> I guess my question is why use a vm to take screen shots?

> Why not create a second login account and leave its
> gnome as all defaults.

> Then if you need a screenshot open up another
> instance of X and login is that account and take your
> screenshots.

Either I don't understand your reply or you don't
understand what I need to do, and I think it's the
latter.

It's not a screenshot of someone logged in that I need.
It's a screenshot of the gdm login screen, where you
select your session type and language (if you want),
and type in your login name and password.

When you're looking at the login screen you can't do a
thing any more than you can operate your car standing
on the sidewalk with the engine off, the doors locked,
and the windows shut. You have to get in and turn it on
before you can do stuff.

And this is as it ought to be. Am I missing some subtle
thing I never knew about in your suggestion?