Hardware clock set to GMT...

Wed, 1 May 2002 22:49:17 -0700 (MST)

Am 01. May, 2002 schwätzte Jeff so:

> When I first installed Mandrake, I clicked the option that stated something
> to the effect that my hardware clock was set to GMT (the last time I
> installed it, I didn't choose that) Now I notice that when I switch from
> Linux to Windows, that the time is off. Changing the time works while I'm
> in the system, but when I switch back, it's wrong again.
>
> Does anyone know where the option for this is so I can change it back to
> where the hardware clock is set to local time?

The hardware clock should be set to GMT.

The OS should handle the offset as well as all those issues for people
foolish enough to change their clocks a couple of times a year :).

Check /etc/rcS and /etc/default/rcS. That's where it is for debian. It might
be elsewhere on RPM-based dists, e.g. /etc/sysconfig.

rgrep for UTC in /etc.

There's a util on RH that takes care of this, but I forget what it's
called. That same util is probably avail on Mandrake.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
# ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",