Name resolution in a Windows enviornment

Mike plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 1 May 2002 20:33:30 -0500

I believe you just need the proper settings in smb.conf.

1.Make sure you put in the ip of the wins server in smb.conf
2. Set the order to be wins first in smb.conf
3. restart samba and you should be good to go.

v/r
mike