installed kernel configuration

Robert A. Klahn plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:19:38 -0700

Bad Me......

> In RedHat, if you are using the default kernel for your distribution level, you can recreate the .config by downloading the kernel source (www.kernel.org) and doing a make oldconfig. QoS is ON in the RedHat 2.4.9 kernels, which is what RedHat 7.2 is based upon, with all the various QoS modules compliled as modules.

This is not quite right. The only way that "make oldconfig" works is if you get the kernel source by installing the "kernel-source" (and maybe the "kernel-headers") RPMs (note: not the "kernel" SRPMs) from RedHat. Using the kernel sources from www.kernel.org, as I originally suggested, will not work.

Bob.

--
Robert A. Klahn
rklahn@acm.org

"Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way
things are, and Courage to struggle to create things as they should be." -
St. Augustine