Beating a dead horse - Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 04:04:05 -0500

This one really baffles me.  This bill requires a copy protection
system to be implemented on digitial media capable devices, yet
section 3.(e)(1) Personal Use Copies, states the security measures
must allow copying material as allowed under the US Copyright laws.

So how are they going to pull this one off?  Create a copy protection
system that prevents copying yet allows copying.  OK.  Sure.  Whatever.

Can someone hit me with a clue stick so I can understand this?

Regards,

George