installed kernel configuration

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Mar 2002 16:48:24 -0700

Depending on your distibution and weather the kernel was packaged or
just installed there should be a:

/boot/config-<kernelversion>

file that you can look through.

You can also copy this file to a kernel source tree as:

/usr/src/linux/.config

and do a make xconfig and browse it that way.

If it is not there I am not sure.  I know there was talk some time ago
(2.0 days) about moveing the configure script into the final kernel
binary file and then export it into /proc somewhere but i think this was
eventual turned down by Linus as bloat that didn't have to be there.  I
am not sure if anyone changed his mind on that or not but I havent
checked.

Hope this helps

Bill W

--
Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original. Any other use of this email is prohibited.