mysql -- Anybody want to guess at this one?

Roderick Ford plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:36:52 -0700

Actually, I was the one asking the question about this earlier this
week.  It did not get resolved.  I just didn't have any more time to ask
about it, or work on it.

Anyway, as of 5 minutes ago, I fixed it by myself.  It was being started
under the 'mysql' user/group which didn't have permissions on the
directories, ie couldn't create the UNIX socket.  It was burning CPU
time ~94% so I had to fix it today.  Thought maybe someone would have
had a quick answer.

Roderick