Recommedations for 10/100 Laptop NIC/BSD Discs?

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:01:42 -0600 (CST)

I think either the definition of dongle has changed over time or its being
misused.  Dongle used to be a way to keep applications secure.  Generally
via a fixed key in a device that plugged into a parallel or serial port.

I assume the 'rat tail' like cable that comes off many PCMCIA cards is
what you are referring to as a dongle?  I suppose I could see the verbiage
moving this way as true dongles are all but obsolete and these 'cables' do
look in a way like old dongle security devices.

But I could be smoking crack.

-Derek