cox amusements

Bob George plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:03:58 -0700

"David A. Sinck" <plug-discuss@grueslayer.com> wrote:

> I just got off the phone with cox and apparently, the conversion
> process didn't happen 100% of the time on their side.  I was
> experiencing inter.....mi...ttent pauses of 4-8s which front line
> immediately diagnosed as afu on their side.  [...]

I'm a business service subscriber, and am noticing the same thing. It seems
particularly common right after midnight (my prime time!) and usually will
happen once or twice for a few minutes, then settle down. I'll notice that
traceroutes die after the 2nd hop, then I can get further but not reach the
DNS server for a few minutes. Then it all magically clears up. I've not had
it become unusable, but have dropped a few connections when it happens.

When I called tech support, they confirmed that they are still doing work,
and that this is a known issue. It's just often enough to be annoying. I get
the sense that they're actively working the issue, so I'm willing to be
patient.

- Bob