/etc/fstab entry for Samba resource

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:05:50 -0700

A few days ago I had to mount a Samba resource on the
Linux system I'm working on. I'd never had a need to
access Samba files before. Some system adminstrator kid
came over and gave me a command line that worked
perfectly the first time, following the model:

mount -t smbfs -o username=MYUSERNAME,password=MYPASSWORD //xyz/xyz /mnt/xyz

I tried to devise an entry in /etc/fstab to mount it
automatically at boot time, but couldn't seem to get
it. The easy workaround was to put the above command in
a shell script and run it at boot time.

I think the last thing I tried was this:

//currdev/curdev /mnt/xyz smbfs username=MYUSERNAME,password=MYPASSWORD 0 0

but it didn't work. Does anyone know the right mojo?

Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, Arizona