Fw: 1024-bit RSA keys in danger of compromise

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:07:41 -0700

technomage wrote:

> I did some reading on that document and a little research into the hardware.
> with current technology, the various government entities involved can build a
> cracker that will do the jon in MINUTES for less than 2 nillion USD.
>
> time to start incorporating feistal arrays in new encryption algorythms.

after rereading my earlier note I realized that I was not clear in
meaning how much harder is it to crack 4K+ keys as opposed to 1k keys.
If the complexity of the problem has been cracked then it is only a
stop-gap.  Comming up with a new approach to the problem is what is
really needed.

feistal arrays? never heard of them....

  EBo --