Tips? Deleted domain, Arrghhh!

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:23:46 -0700

As I said, Network $olutions is the M$ or domain registration.  I know of
one domain that expired 10/16/01 and has yet to be released. They just do
not play by the same rules everyone else does.  I recently intentionally let
a domain expire registered through Stargate and it was in the available pool
the day after it expired.  That is the way it should be.

If they can get the domain away from N$ it would be well worth it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Toft" <george@georgetoft.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: Tips? Deleted domain, Arrghhh!

Hi Tom,

I can see you've never dealt with Network Nosolutions.  We had
a client who was a lawyer.  It took three weeks and a threat of
legal action before they changed his authorative nameserver
entries.  That took three weeks.  Best I've seen them do anything
is 5 days - two weeks is the norm.

I fully support your position on Stargateinc.com.  They have helped
me resolve issues in less than a day, including changing domain
information without a hassle.

George