Notes on tomorrow's GCC presentation - "Checking the Security of Your Linux Box"

Bob George plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:01:57 -0700

"George Toft" <george@georgetoft.com> wrote:

> I know it's late, but you might include nessus on your list of
> tools.  I just gave a similar presentation in Jacksonville (I'm
> dislocated).
>
> Nessus is pretty cool.

Very definitely cool stuff. I used it for doing some internal assessment
work last year, and it's always fun watching the open source tools score
well against the big commercial products (i.e. Apache, Snort). I'm not sure
if time will allow much more than a mention though, as I've only got an hour
and there's a lot of ground to cover. I'm hoping to be able to put together
a list of references that will include such tools though.

Thanks for the suggestion!

- Bob