3 coasters later

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
24 Mar 2002 23:07:39 -0700

Can you mount the cd image?  try:

#mount -t iso9660 -o loop Mandrake82-cd1-inst.i586.iso /mnt <enter>

You may need to also do an insmod loop if it is not compiled into your
kernel.

This wont fix your problem but it should give a little more insight as
to what the problem could be.

Bill W

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 21:26, Digital Wokan wrote:
> I can't win.  I just tried downloading the .iso's on a pure Mandrake 8.1
> system using ncftp and the checksums still aren't coming up correctly.
> This is the checksum I get from the nerdie.org site...
> 393084953783e54c348eeb837f8c7918  Mandrake82-cd1-inst.i586.iso
>
> This was the checksum I got when I downloaded the file from
> ftp.mirror.ac.uk to a FAT32 partition...
> 5ea309a04700e714291e7ba1c7aa9084  Mandrake82-cd1-inst.i586.iso
>
> This is the checksum I should get according to md5sums.82 I downloaded
> from ftp.mirror.ac.uk...
> cda56ed1c9e9ace3de44eba1c36069a7  Mandrake82-cd1-inst.i586.iso
>
> Is anyone else getting these kind of screwball results?
>
> KevinO wrote:
> >
> > Digital Wokan wrote:
> > > Digital Wokan wrote:
> > > Yep.  Either NCFTP or GCombust has failed me badly.  I tried burning
> the
> > > images anyway.  Stupid of me not to test the first CD after burning,
> but
> > > it burned so quickly I decided to knock them all out fast.  I
> suppose
> > > I'll try downloading them to an ext2 partition first and make sure
> the
> > > md5sums come out okay before moving them to a FAT32.
> >
> > Once you have checked the md5sums ... Leave them on the Linux side and
> just
> > burn with cdrecord.
> > ie:
> >
> >    $ cdrecord -scanbus
> >
> > to get the magic numbers - (0,0,0) or (0,6,0) or whatever
> >
> > then :
> >
> >    $ cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,0,0  -data  cd_image
> >
> > Set the speed to what you want and use the 'magic numbers' for your
> > 'dev=x,y,z'. The cd_image will be the filename of your iso file. (ie :
> disk1.iso )
> >
> > --
> > Kevin O'Connor

Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.
Direct Alliance Corporation

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.  Any other use of this email is prohibited.