Urgent: Copy hda to hdb with dd?

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:42:58 -0700

It can be easily done using utilities like Norton's Ghost etc.  You cannot
just do a copy but need to use a utility like Ghost.

----- Original Message -----
From: "der.hans" <PLUGd@lufthans.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 4:23 AM
Subject: RE: Urgent: Copy hda to hdb with dd?

Am 23. Mar, 2002 schwätzte alandd@mindspring.com so:

> Situation: Four identical computers assembled from identical components.
> Goal: Install Windows 2000 with NTFS and all the same apps on all the
computers.
> Plan: Install everything on one computer then duplicate that drive to the
other three drives that way configuration and installation only has to
happen once.

Last I knew you couldn't just copy m$ boxen like this. They setup some
super-secret serial number and no one else is allowed to have the same one.
Ghost copies the drives, then changes the super-secret number thingy.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.<ThisSpaceAvailable>.com/
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans