SSSCA renamed and introduced in Senate!

Dan Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:35:57 -0700

On Friday 22 March 2002 08:19 am, you wrote:
> Arizona residents are in a unique position in regards to speaking
> out against this bill. Arizona Senator John McCain is on the
> Commerce, Science, and Transportation committee with, you guessed
> it, Senator Hollings who is the chairman of the committee. Please
> send as many well-written, anti-sssca letters as you can to
> Senator McCain.
>
> - Joel

Reading /. this morning I came across some more information I
thought might be useful to this thread.

Here is a transcribed text of the renamed bill from Cryptome:
http://cryptome.org/broadbandits.htm

Wired has a story:

And the part I thought would be most helpful...here is a link to a
sample letter to Congress , tips for writing letters, and
background info from EFF:
http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

Dan