Local daycare center wants to set up row of educational desktops.

Mark Berkwitt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:36:20 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of
der.hans
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 12:20 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: Local daycare center wants to set up row of educational
desktops.

Am 20. Mar, 2002 schwätzte Mark Berkwitt so:

> The average age of these children is 8 years.  The range of ages is from 5
> to 11 years.

>OK, then we should have lots of stuff just with Debian, Jr. :). Plenty of
>other things as well.

>How many boxen do they have room for?
5 or 6
>What are their requirements?
Don't know. What questions should I pose to them?
>Do they have an Internet connection?
No.
>Do they have any restrictions ( policy or other )?
Their only concern that I'm aware of is possible exposure to inappropriate
materials.
>Are they interested in any particular services or types of programs?
Educational and recreational apps.
>Would they like the kids to learn about the computers?
Not initially, but may be offered to those children who are interested.
>Do they have *anyone* on staff with computer maintenance/admin skills?
No, but I'm available to help if I can.  I don't know what skill level is
required but I'm willing.
ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.<ThisSpaceAvailable>.com/
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans