Gentoo install @ the Stammtisch

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 04:47:43 -0700

Gontran wrote:

> I'm planning on doing a gentoo install at the Bandersnatch tonight to
> help test the upcoming 1.0 release at the end of the month.  Is anyone
> interested in bootstrap isos (x86) or fullon 586 binary isos (for the
> processor challenged)?  Let me know.
>
> I'll be bootstrapping  binutils, gcc, gettext, and glibc, rebuilding
> binutils, gcc, and gettext after the glibc is built with the optimized
> gcc and binutils ... all at the worry-free clack of a few keys. :)
>
> Hopefully I'll be able to have the base system up in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the quick demo...  I was impressed enough that I decided that
I would try a parallel install... wnt home and started rooting around my
partition tables to see what I could wack to get a base install up and
running...  I found that I had 4 or 5 partitions I COMPLETELY FORGOT
about...  hurmph...  that's the bad thing with having a couple of
hundred G lying around ;-)

Anyway, as soon as I snag my floppy drive back from fixing my mom's new
machine I'll come play with gnetoo.

Thanks Gontran for the demo ;-)

  EBo --