debian question

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:39:34 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Mar, 2002 schwätzte bob smith so:

> I've been looking around the debian site at the
> different releases (stable, testing, and unstable) but
> I'm a little confused about what kernels are included.
> It seems that the 2.2r5 or Joel Klecker release
> contains the 2.2.19 kernel. Does this mean that you
> then should go to a site such as kernel.org and
> download 2.4.18?

There are packages for 2.4.18. Unless you have a real need to build your own
kernel use the package. It also takes care of dependencies, etc.

If you can make it tonight, I can give you copies of disks 1 and 3 from
last week. Disk one has the standard install kernel, etc. as well as the
main set of packages. Disk 3 boots 2.4.18 and allows you to use ext3 or
reiserfs.

I'll start burning those now.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.<ThisSpaceAvailable>.com/
#  Schließlich verteidigt Amerika Freiheit. Und Freiheit beginnt mit dem Wort.