iptables (was port forwading)

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:53:08 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Craig White on 3/18/2002 21:38 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 20:00, David A. Sinck wrote:
\_ >
\_ >
\_ > The biggest thing is that the chains are named slightly differently
\_ >
\_ > input (ipchains) vs INPUT (iptables)
\_ >
\_ > which I occassionally still overlook until it coughs on me.
\_ >
\_ ---
\_ David - didn't you learn anything at the doctors' office?  You have to
\_ tell them to turn their head first before you grab the gonads and get
\_ them to cough. That way, their cough falls harmlessly to the floor
\_ instead of on you.

But you use valuable debugging information that way.

David